Buying a home is the single largest investment most people will ever make. You want to do it wisely, not just looking at the price of the real estate itself but the cost of financing, including interest rates, closing costs, terms and conditions. BOB's mortgage experts will help you step by step, offering you the best mortgage plan customized for your individual needs. You will enjoy flexible repayment terms and competitive interest rates with the Bank of Solutions.
- Up to 80% financing for home purchase
- Up to 35 years to repay
- Up to 80% financing for vacant residential land purchase
- Up to 15 years to repay
Save time by having these documents available when applying for a mortgage:
- Valid passport and NIB Smartcard for identification
- Telephone, water, or electricity bill to confirm your residential address
- A letter from your employer and your most recent salary slip
- Copies of recent bank statements or a bank reference from your banker (if you are a self employed customer)
- An agreement for sale: if you are buying a property; this would be a letter from the person selling the property
- Approved construction plans along with a construction estimate if you plan to build. The estimate should show the costs for the various stages of construction.
- An appraisal of the property is required whether you are buying or building a home.
Visit a loan officer at your nearest BOB location for more information or apply now.
BOB's Approved Listing of Legal Service Providers
The Bank is guided by the following criteria when approving Attorneys:
- 1. Submission of current copies of the due diligence including:
- a) Resume of Attorney(s) in the Commercial Department of the law firm (minimum of five (5) years called to The Bahamas Bar)
- b) Business Licence
- c) VAT Certificate of Registration
- d) Certificate of Good Standing from the Bahamas Bar Association
- e) Notary Licence(s)
- f) Professional Indemnity Insurance (minimum coverage of $1 million)
- 2. Confirmation of no outstanding matters with the Bank
- 3. A minimum of two (2) Attorneys employed at the law firm
- 4. Any other check as deemed necessary